Wednesday 25 September 2013

Low Fat, Sugar Free - Carrot & Orange Muffins.

Since finding out I have a pregnancy related liver disorder called cholestasis I have been trying to cut back on unnecessary fats and sugars in my diet.   Just to give me liver a helping hand and fingers crossed keep my baby cooking till as close as possible to 40 weeks.   Having said that I am still having a little as I don't want to be 100% sugar and fat free and leave my baby wanting for anything.  

So as many of you know I have a real sweet tooth, so I have come up with this recipie so I can have my cake and eat it!  Perfect served with a little low fat greek yogurt I think.  Yum! 


 
What You are going to need!
  • 75g butter, melted
  • 2 Large oranges, juiced and zested
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 carrot, about 100g peeled and grated
  • 300g Self raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 4tbsp Stevia
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp Ginger

 What you need to do!
  1. Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
  2.  Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper or silicon cases.
  3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. 
  4. Whisk together the wet ingredients (apart from grated zest & carrot)
  5. Add  Orange zest & carrot gently mix, watching you don't over mix as this will stop muffins rising.
  6. Spoon into the muffin cases 
  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen & golden on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment