Tuesday 17 September 2013

33 Week Pregnancy Blog!

 
How far along? 33 Weeks, Baby is the size of a cantaloup (4.9 pounds 19 inches long)

Total weight gain & Measurements: Waight gain is still the same 14lbs up.  I am not sure on my own as I am to lazy to find a tape measure.  But the fundal measurement taken by my midwife yesterday was 32 weeks.  So looking pretty good! 

Maternity clothes? Nothing maternity but I did pick up a couple of nursing T-shirts from H&M.
 
Stretch marks? Non that I have seen.  Still using the same products as always.
Sleep: Not to bad this week.  I have had some itching which I will go into later so that has kept me awake a bit.

Best moment this week: Seeing our little one was all good healthy at an extra ultrasound scan.  Also getting the cot.. its so nice, I love it :)
Miss anything? Still my energy..and crisps :(

Food cravings: Nothing lately.

Exercise:  Some walks and swimming as you can see from this weeks photo!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Gender: Still feeling it's a girl but really who knows 

Labor signs: Nothing
Movement:  Yes the rolls and stretches are getting bigger all the time.

Symptoms: Itching... on my hands and feet mainly but its often everywhere.  I will add a little extra to the end of this going into more detail.  As itching hands and feet is something to be taken more seriously and if any other mummy's are reading this with the same I really urge them to go for blood tests.
  
Belly button in or out? Still in.. but its tiny! 
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Worried.
Looking forward to:Just knowing my little one is ok.. and on a lighter note I ordered some really cute safari nursery accessories.  I giraffe height chart, elephant book ends and a monkey clock.  So I am looking forward to those arriving. 

 
Extra Story this week: Last weekend I caught a horrible tummy virus and was really ill for a few days.  About 3 days after I started itching on my hands, so much so that I felt like running a key or scissors over it as the pain would be better then the itch.  Anyway I went to my doc and they said its prob just hormones etc and not to worry I was given a cream then they tried to send me on my way. I mentioned cholestasis and asked for a blood test but the one I was offered was ages away, I managed to get one closer but still not close enough really, I took it and went home.  
 
So after a few days worrying and the itching getting worse I called my midwife yesterday.  She had me send straight to the mother and baby day care unit for blood tests.  They took two tests one to check if my liver is over working and another to see if the bile acids were getting into my blood.  The first came back positive my liver is over working.  For now the second is ok but they say that this can show after a few weeks.  So for now all seems to be ok, this could be just my body trying to get back to normal after my illness or it could be something more.  The midwifes at Hull Royal were fantastic they checked everything was ok with the placenta too with a ultrasound (it was so lovely to see our little one was so big and doing so well, shame it wasn't under more relaxed circumstances but still it made me happy to see my baby)  Then they hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor to check movement and heart beat.  Again all this seemed fine.  So for now my little trouper is doing good, but I have chosen cut down on the bad foods that might make my liver work overtime.  Just the odd cake and my daily packet of crisps at lunch really.  I like to eat healthy anyway so its not to much of a change.  I figure every little helps and its always good to eat well.  I am back in for more blood tests on Friday so we will see how it goes.  I am just pleased we are able to keep an eye on things. 
 
Anyone with the same symptoms you can read more on it at the NHS website here...  please get it checked out. It is always best to be safe then sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment